- The words Islam and Muslim both mean ‘submission’
- Muslims believe God/Allah made everything
- The Muslim holy book is called the Qur’an
- A star and crescent moon is the symbol of Islam
- Muslims submit to Allah because they believe he is the one God and has made everything
- Muslims believe Muhammad is a great prophet who received messages from Allah from the angel Gabriel and collected these messages into the holy book, the Qur’an.
- This symbol is used as the symbol of Islam because many Islamic people originally lived in the desert, where it is essential to rely on the moon and stars to guide the way at night- they believe their religion guides them into a holy life.
- Two Islamic countries include Turkey and Afghanistan
- The religion of Muslim people is called ‘Islam’
- Submission means to yield and surrender to a person, object or idea and to let it have complete control over you.
- The Muslim name for God is Allah
- A symbol is “something that stands for something else”
- The greatest and last prophet of Islam is Muhammad